The sick

Well, illness has taken hold of me. 

It started last Wednesday night with fever, and has progressively gotten worse over the past seven days.  This morning I decided to try lying on my stomach to relieve my back pain, and was rewarded with pain shooting down into my nether region in addition to the back pain, so that was the sign that made me decide to see a doctor.

Bladder infection, I guess.  I don't trust the diagnosis, because there is always "nothing wrong" with me.  The dr. said that the urine tested positive for infection, but seemed to doubt it when she asked if I've noticed blood in my urine, and I had to say no because I have had my period for most of the time I've had hot flashes/back pain/abdominal pain.  I hope I learn more when it is cultured.

Anyway, I got antibiotics.  Took one this afternoon, felt even more like ass than I have over the past week (and on Monday I was standing in a line waiting to vote and unsure if I'd make it), and spent the afternoon breathing through my pounding heart, praying that my head would stop throbbing, and feeling exhausted and dizzy even though I was flat on my back in my bed.  I think I freaked out my dog, because he came and pulled my covers off of me and started barking when I didn't move.  My body is so achy. 

I spent the evening trying to stay alert in my bed, electric blanket on to soothe my sore muscles, happy light on to soothe my depression at not being well (please can I just be healthy and strong again very soon???), having my three kiddos running to refill my water bottle or heat my hot pack.  They fed themselves dinner, they sat with me while we coloured together and watched YouTube videos, and while I tried to order school pictures (geez that took long!) and a fun lunch on the computer.

I decided to look up the antibiotic online. Macrobid. Oy. The reviews are not good, friends, and I am scared.  I've already pre-prepared myself for the chance that I may have to call in sick to work tomorrow so I won't be down on myself about it.  I hate that.  I see it as dumping 40 kids on another person who already has 40+ of their own to deal with.  And I have so much laminating to catch up on. But today everyone told me that I should have stayed home.  And it is looking like tomorrow I will be in even worse shape. Vomiting.  Fever. So much aching.  Nooooooo.  :(

So, that's my day. I'm trying to force myself to blog each day now. I truly need the release. It's time for me to kick this depression and get my life back. First I must get over this whatever it is. Then set up a physical, figure out my other long-time ailments, and start exercising again. I'm trying to sing Jesus songs again too, everyday at least one. And trying to be positive about all of this and seeing how that looks on paper (cheerful and like I've turned a corner) makes me a little nervous that there is something really really wrong with me. Sigh.

Good luck with all this, self. Thanks, self.

Comments

Popular Posts