Cipralex Day 14

This morning I woke up not anxious for the first time since I started taking the Cipralex.  It was nice.  Unfortunately after I went to the bathroom, then crawled back into bed, my heart started pounding and I started thinking about way too much stuff and I spent the next hour trying to calm myself.

I think most of the other side effects are dying down.  My chest still aches constantly.  Hope that goes away soon.

I've had a couple friends wondering about my use of the word anorexia - I am using it in the sense of the definition "a prolonged loss of appetite" rather than the more commonly-known anorexia nervosa, which is the eating disorder where a person purposely starves his or her body due to body image issues.

I think the eating is going well.  I am never hungry, but I try to eat something anytime I think of it.  I am learning what I can consume that has high calories in a small package.  Yesterday I finally was able to eat over 2000 calories without feeling disgusting.  I didn't feel great, but it wasn't as bad as I feel most nights by bedtime.

My mom has been here for a few days and I am so thankful.  I think her presence is really helping me a lot.  I'm trying not to think about the fact that she'll be leaving too soon!

Comments

  1. Thought you might like to read: http://stories.savvymom.ca/RLr9

    S.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts